Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strawberry-Orange Fruit Dip

I got a brand new cookbook for Christmas and for the employee lunch I decided to make a fruit dip from it.  It was an interesting change from the normal dip you get!  Highly recommended as I had to email the recipe to almost the whole staff!

Strawberry-Orange Fruit Dip

Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes

  • 1
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4
cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2
teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 1/2
cup chopped strawberries (about 3 oz)

Assorted fruit for dipping, as desired
DIRECTIONS
1.In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange peel with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in strawberries.
2.Serve with assorted fruit. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dip.

If you make the dip in advance (you can up to 24 hours) wait to stir in the strawberries until less than an hour before serving!

2 comments:

Anita said...

This dip sounds very very strange... I wouldn't normally try something like this if I saw it in a cookbook, but your recommendation is hard to go past..

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing when I started making it, especially because I'm such a huge fan of the classic fruit dip. But every single person LOVED it. As long as you like strawberries, I'd highly recommend it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails