Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sweet and Tangy Pork

This recipe has a different flavor.  Not my favorite of all time, and the pork is a little bland, so I would highly recommend seasoning the pork steaks with seasoning salt or salt and pepper or something.  The sauce is also kind of bland, but I might play with this recipe again.  Any ideas are gladly appreciated!

Sweet and Tangy Pork


  • 1 Tablespoon Oil
  • 4 boneless pork steaks
  • 10-3/4 oz. can tomato soup
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
  • 8-oz. can pineapple juice tidbits, drained and 1/4 cup juice reserved.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add steaks and cook until golden on both sides, drain. Stir in soup, vinegar, sauce, brown sugar, pineapple and reserved juice. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes, until pork is cooked through.

1 comment:

Lo said...

Aha -- a variation on sweet and sour pork, mayhaps? Sounds good to me.

Most of the recipes I've seen for this dish have included ketchup. I'm thinking I might try subbing that in for the tomato soup... and adding a bit of fresh ginger and garlic to the mix. Worth a try, at least!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails