Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheesy Ravioli Casserole

I love slow cookers.  They are the most wonderful thing ever.  Just throw everything in (you can even do it in the morning!) and don't worry about it until you get home!

One thing with this recipe, I would DEFINITELY spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or use a nonstick slow cooker) because the cheese will get stuck to the sides!  It is making for a messy clean up :/

My substitutions in this recipe: I used canola oil instead of vegetable or olive oil.  I used one 14 ounce jar of pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce because I forgot to buy it!  I used one package of cheese ravioli, and one package of beef ravioli instead of both beef ravioli.  I also used 9ounces of cheese instead of 8, because cheese is just wonderful and you can never have too much!  I also omitted the parsley because I didn't have any in the house!




Cheese Ravioli Casserole

  •  1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil (I used canola)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 can (26 ounces) four cheese-flavored spaghetti sauce
  • 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce (I used pizza sauce)
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2 packages (25 ounces each) frozen beef ravioli (I used one cheese and one beef)
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces) (I used 9oz.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (omitted)
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil about 4 minutes, stirring occassionally, until onion is tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.

Place 1 cup of the sauce mixture in bottom of 4 1/2-6-quart slow cooker. Add 1 package frozen ravioli; top with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining package of ravioli; top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 5-7 hours or until ravioli are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks DELISH! One thing I noticed is that you make and post the recipies, but you dont really "rate" them... Which I think you should do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails