One thing with this recipe, I would DEFINITELY spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or use a nonstick slow cooker) because the cheese will get stuck to the sides! It is making for a messy clean up :/
My substitutions in this recipe: I used canola oil instead of vegetable or olive oil. I used one 14 ounce jar of pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce because I forgot to buy it! I used one package of cheese ravioli, and one package of beef ravioli instead of both beef ravioli. I also used 9ounces of cheese instead of 8, because cheese is just wonderful and you can never have too much! I also omitted the parsley because I didn't have any in the house!
Cheese Ravioli Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (26 ounces) four cheese-flavored spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce (I used pizza sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 packages (25 ounces each) frozen beef ravioli (I used one cheese and one beef)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces) (I used 9oz.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (omitted)
Place 1 cup of the sauce mixture in bottom of 4 1/2-6-quart slow cooker. Add 1 package frozen ravioli; top with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining package of ravioli; top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 5-7 hours or until ravioli are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.