Monday, February 15, 2010

Mezze

I participated in my first Daring Cooks Challenge this month and it was AWESOME!  Mezze is a Middle Eastern dish that you can make almost anything with.  I made the pita bread, hummus, and cucumber raita.  I LOVED the pita bread (first time making homemade bread--yay!), and the cucumber raita was a HUGE hit.  I wasn't a big fan of the hummus, but it was okay.  You could try with different flavorings though.

The 2010 February Daring COOKs challenge was hosted by Michele of Veggie Num Nums. Michele chose to challenge everyone to make mezze based on various recipes from Claudia Roden, Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Dugid.

4 comments:

mub said...

Your pitas look lovely! I wasn't able to get mine to brown quite as nicely, but they still tasted good =)

Michele said...

Your pita is gorgeous and so perfectly browned! Your hummus and raita also look delicious. Thank you so much for cooking along with me this month. You did a great job!

Lo said...

I'm still wishing I'd have made the raita. So good with leftover pitas!!

AJ said...

Great work on the challenge!! I loved the pitas!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails