Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baked Ziti

I have a confession. I love pasta and I love cheese. I would put cheese on everything if that wasn't super unhealthy. Actually, I do put it on most everything that is logical if I have cheese left over. This recipe was fantastic! I did make the white sauce, and the only complaint I have is that it is kind of flavorless. Adding salt and pepper is a must. Next time I would probably add some garlic as well.  This was, however, a super simple recipe I would recommend to absolutely anyone! If I remember right, however, ziti usually has a red tomato sauce. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I know you could substitute, or mix the sauces to your own liking.

From The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook


Baked Ziti
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves Four

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot cook the ziti according to the package directions.

Prepare the white sauce.

Once the sauce has reached the desired consistency, add the cooked pasta. Transfer to 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake in the preheated over for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is golden.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails