Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tender Pork Chops & Rice

This is a super quick and easy recipe you could make on a night that you don't want to spend a lot of time on. And most likely you will have a lot of the items in your kitchen. It was very bland, so I seasoned the pork chops with seasoned salt and pepper, and the rice with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. I also used quick rice. I made it first, then returned it to the burner while stirring in the soup and mushrooms. Next time I would use real mushrooms..I just don't like the taste of canned mushrooms. I don't know if I would make this again for anything in particular..just for something quick when I don't want to spend time on dinner!

Tender Pork Chops & Rice

  • 4-6 pork chops
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 10-3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
  • 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained and liquid reserved
  • 2 cups long-cooking rice, uncooked
Brown pork chops lightly in oil in a skillet; drain and set aside. Combine soup, reserved liquid from mushrooms and enough water to equal 3 cups; mix well and pour into skillet. Stir in mushrooms and rice; top with pork chops. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails