Monday, December 27, 2010

Guacamole Burgers

This burger is a nice twist on your everyday, average burger. If I made them again, I honestly think I would put the cheese in between the burgers more like a juicy-lucy. As long as you like a little spice, and guacamole, I would definitely recommend this recipe!  I have started exclusively using ground turkey instead of beef in recipes. I do my best to buy the leanest turkey available. I even have been using turkey bacon!

Four Servings
Total Time: 30 minutes

Guacamole Burgers

  • 8 bacon strips
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
  • 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
  • 1/4 cup guacamole

  • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion and green chilies; set aside. Shape beef into eight patties. Top half of patties with onion mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
  • Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with guacamole. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails