Friday, May 13, 2011

Asparagus Fennel Pasta Salad

This is a different flavored pasta salad that I really enjoyed! It is great warm which is a nice change!

Asparagus Fennel Pasta Salad
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 14
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
  • 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
  • 1 small fennel bulbs, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
  • 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
  • 1 cup minced fresh parsley
VINAIGRETTE
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Place asparagus, onions and fennel in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. bakin pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley and roasted vegetables.

In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.

The Changes
I obviously cut this recipe in half since it is just me and Scott. It still turned out great! I added more to this dish than anything! I added mushrooms and celery since I had them laying around. They only added to the dish! 

The Lessons
I learned what fennel is for the first time. You can use it like an onion. Definitely gives a nice flavor to the dish!

The Verdict
3.5/5. Definitely a great vegetarian dish! Also, if I was going to a potluck or something, it is definitely a good dish for that! If we were to make it again for a meal, I might add chicken to it! I'll definitely be making it again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails