Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulbs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Place asparagus, onions and fennel in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. bakin pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley and roasted vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
I obviously cut this recipe in half since it is just me and Scott. It still turned out great! I added more to this dish than anything! I added mushrooms and celery since I had them laying around. They only added to the dish!
I learned what fennel is for the first time. You can use it like an onion. Definitely gives a nice flavor to the dish!
3.5/5. Definitely a great vegetarian dish! Also, if I was going to a potluck or something, it is definitely a good dish for that! If we were to make it again for a meal, I might add chicken to it! I'll definitely be making it again!