Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ranch Party Mix

A new kind of crockpot recipe from crockpot365!

Ranch Party Mix

  • 9 cups Chex cereal
  • 2 cups pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup salted peanuts
  • 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the cereal into the slow cooker, and add the pretzels and peanuts. Sprinkle on the dried ranch mix and the Parmesan cheese. Add the melted butter, and toss the cereal mixture with two large spoons to coat. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so. The cereal on the outside edges will burn if you don't stir.

The Verdict
2/5. I used cashews instead of peanuts in this recipe. I've never made chex mix before, and this was not a good run. I definitely burned more of it than I could eat. I didn't think the parts that weren't burnt had much taste. I'm not sure if I would make this again...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails