Veggie Tacos-adapted from pillsbury.com
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can 14.5 ounce stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 can 15.5 ounce dar red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas, heated
- Chopped tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, sour cream and/or cheese, optional
In 2-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling. Stir in rice; return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in thawed vegetables, stewed tomatoes, beans, cilantro, onion, cumin, coriander, garlic and pepper. Cook until hot.
Place warm tortillas on individual plates. Cover tortillas evenly with rice mixture. Top each with toppings of your choice.
5/5!!!!! I honestly would not change a thing about how we made this recipe! It was delicious and filling yet healthy! Plus, it was easy! Things could be added or omitted as you wish, but definitely a great starting point! Make this ASAP!