Total time: 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large eggplant, sliced (up to you if you'd like it peeled-we did not)
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Cooked pasta of your choice
Use a 4-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Put the olive oil in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine all the seasonings. Use a brush to lightly coat both sides of the eggplant with olive oil and then sprinkle both sides with the bread crumb mixture. Place in the slow cooker and top with cheese. Then add the mushrooms and top with pasta sauce.
Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Serve with your choice of pasta.
**PS. I did tag this as gluten free, but only because you can use something other than pasta-it's not the main component of the dish :)