Saturday, November 3, 2012

Granola

I've been wanting to try making my own granola for a long time. I don't know why-I've never bought granola from the store or anything. I think I'm just trying to be healthier and granola always seems so healthy.

This granola is definitely one that needs to be mixed with something. For me, that something is yogurt! Especially if you're just eating plain, not flavored yogurt, granola can make it so much better! This makes a lot, so if you aren't already a big granola fan, you might want to halve the recipe. I don't know that I'll make it again, but I'll definitely continue to try new recipes!

Granola
Granola-adapted from "The Brown Bag Lunch Cookbook" by Miriam Jacobs
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes 2 quarts

  • 4 cups rolled oats (not instant)
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup oat bran
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoon molasses
  • 1 tablespoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, oat bran, almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, cinnamon and cloves. Mix well.

In a medium bowl, mix the honey, oil, water, molasses, and almond extract. Mix well.

Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture. Spread over a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails