Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 24-ounce carton low-fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. In 13x9 inch baking pan layer 4 noodles, 1/3 sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture and 1/3 sliced cheese. Repeat; end with noodles, sauce and sliced cheese.
Bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly all over.