Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Taco Pizza

I don't know why, but I've been on such a kick for taco pizza recently. It just always sounds so good. I've been meaning to make one for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. Until now.

I have to say, I never thought of using refried beans instead of salsa for a "sauce". I love refried beans so this actually made me happy! Using crescent rolls instead of pizza dough was a nice change too. A different texture, but it was definitely yummy! Something I'll be making again! Thanks, once again, to Pinterest!


Taco Pizza

Taco Pizza-adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning
  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 2 cups shredded taco cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup sliced black olives
  • 4 green onions, chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook ground beef until browned; drain and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning according to package directions.

Unroll crescent rolls in squares on to foil lined baking sheet, pressing down center to make a crust on the edges. Place in over for 11-13 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

In microwave safe bowl, heat refried beans about 1 1/2 minutes. Spread beans onto crescent rolls. Evenly top with ground beef, tomatoes, black olives, green onions and cheese. Cook 3-5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails