Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Artichoke Hummus

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!! I have another artichoke recipe for you all! I love new dips and this was definitely delicious! I made it for Thanksgiving (yes, I'm very behind on my posting), and I had leftovers for days. I loved every minute of it! This is easy and delicious!

Artichoke Hummus-Adapted from Cookin' Canuck
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Makes 2 cups

  • 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
  • 1 can artichoke hearts, packed in water-water reserved
  • 3 tablespoons artichoke water (from the can)
  • 1 can garbanzo beans
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 1 tablespoon mint leaves
  • Crackers or veggies for dipping
Place the hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the hazelnuts are finely chopped.

To the blender, add artichoke hearts, artichoke water, garbanzo beans, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Blend until artichokes and garbanzo beans are finely chopped, scraping down the sides as needed.

With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.

Transfer the dip to a medium-sized bowl, and stir in parsley and mint. Serve with crackers and fresh raw vegetables.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails