1. I love spinach artichoke dip.
2. They're usually very easy to make!
For work this holiday season, we had a pot-luck and I chose to bring an appetizer. I knew I wanted to make a hot dip, and wanted to use the small crock-pot I received for Christmas last year! I haven't yet made spinach dip in the slow cooker, it's usually in the oven or cold. But now that I have done this recipe, I'm confident that any of my others could be put on low for a few hours.
I really liked this recipe because it used other veggies in addition to spinach & artichokes, which many of my past recipes don't. Mushrooms are always a good addition :)
Total Time: 2 Hours
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 can water packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- Bread, pita chips, or veggies for dipping
Melt butter in pan over medium heat and saute mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
Comine mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, artichokes, spinach and red pepper.
Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook for 2 hours on low, or until heated through. Serve with bread, pita chips or veggies.