Friday, August 2, 2013

Fish with Brown Butter Sauce

As I've mentioned in previous posts, unless I know the flavor of a fish really defines the outcome (like salmon. Or maybe it's just that I love salmon, who knows?!) I usually go with what I have on hand and prepare the rest of the recipe as indicated. This particular recipe called for flounder, but I used cod. I included both in the recipe below.

This recipe helped me to remember how much I truly love recipes with brown butter. The flavor is absolutely amazing. If you can believe it, it's better than plain butter (shocking, I know). The almonds didn't provide anything to this particular dish, so I've crossed them out below. Either way, the flavors were fantastic and this was a great recipe. Just an amped up cod with butter recipe, which is just delicious to me!



Fish with Brown Butter Sauce-adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 yellow pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • Lemon pepper and seasoned salt for seasoning
  • 4 flounder or cod fillets, patted dry


In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook, swirling often, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in almonds, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Keep warm and stir occasionally.

In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high heat. Season the fish with lemon pepper and seasoned salt, add to the pan, and cook 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden.

Spoon the browned butter sauce over the fish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails