Sunday, August 14, 2011

Butter Poached Tilapia & A Must-See Website!

I've had some frozen tilapia fillets in my freezer for a little while. I also didn't have a whole lot of money to go grocery shopping with last week. So I went to my new favorite website: gojee.com. You seriously need to check out this website ASAP! Basically you put in what you are craving to eat (or the main ingredient you have) and what other ingredients you have on hand. It then comes up with a bunch of recipes from some of the best food bloggers for you to try! It is my new obsession! I'm never letting anything go bad in my fridge or cupboards again!

Now, back to the recipe. This is just simple. And easy. And quick. And delicious. If you have some tilapia laying around, make this for a quick dinner some night! I felt as though I didn't have quite enough butter to poach with (I had always been told the liquid needed to cover the meat completely), so I added about a 1/4 cup each of chicken broth and white wine. It turned out delicious! I'd give it a 3.5/5. Nothing fantastic, but definitely something to add to our regular meals soon!

Butter Poached Tilapia-adapted from Okie Dokie Artichokie
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves 2
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • 4 tablespoons good butter
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 clove garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
Add butter, chicken broth, wine, garlic, salt and pepper to a sauce pan and cook over medium low heat. When the butter is almost melted, add the tilapia fillets. Cook slowly until the fish turns opaque-about 7 minutes. Do not let the butter brown, so adjust the stove accordingly.

When the fish has finished cooking, you can serve it with the extra butter if you wish (I suggest it!) I think it goes great with mashed potatoes and buttermilk dinner rolls--you don't need any additional butter for the rolls!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails