Southwest Chicken Hash Browns
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 3/4 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
In a medium bowl, mix chicken, onion, and potatoes. Stir in cajun seasoning and salt.
In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet. Cook, without stirring, 6 to 9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and bottom of potato mixture is golden brown and crisp.
With spatula, divid chicken mixture in half; place on two plates. Top each with sour cream and salsa.