I also just realized I didn't follow the recipe completely. I never even saw that you're supposed to rip up the tortillas! I put them in whole. It turned out just fine, but I'll keep the recipe the same. Overall, I'd give this a 2.5/5, but I think I can make it work. I'll just have to make it again!
|Before it went in the oven!|
|Just out of the oven!|
|It didn't end up coming out of the casserole quite as pretty, but it tasted alright!|
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 12 corn tortillas (5 to 6 inches in diameter), torn into pieces
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or ground beef
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 medium green onions, slicked
- 1 can sliced black olives (if desired)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
Place half the tortillas in the casserole; top with refried beans, half the meat and sprinkling of cheese. Place other half of tortillas on top, followed by meat, beans, and enchilada sauce. Add the remainder of cheese, green onions and black olives on top.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes uncovered or until bubbly around the edges.