**November 2012 Update**
Definitely use a hand blender when 'mashing' these potatoes-it just makes them so much better! This should definitely be a creamy version, not lumpy! I made these for a trip up north, and am making them again this weekend for a friend's birthday. They can't be beat!
|Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole-precooked!|
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (around 6-7 large baking potatoes)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon crispy cooked and crumbled
Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, garlic salt, and nutmeg. Beat at a medium-high speed until nice and creamy. Add salt to taste keeping in mind that the cheese and bacon will add a little salt later.
Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with cheddar cheese and bacon. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.