Monday, January 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Ribs

I received a new cookbook for Christmas from my boss! It is the "Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes" by Crock-Pot. I was so excited because I absolutely love cooking in my slow cooker! The first recipe I made was ribs. They were good, but had some weird taste to them. I haven't quite figured out what it is, but I'd still probably make this again anyway. It could have been the beer I used, so maybe I need to stick to beef stock. We'll see though!

Ribs cookin' in the slow cooker!

Slow Cooker Ribs-Adapted from Crock-Pot's "Best Love Slow Cooker Recipes"
Total Time: 3 Hours
Serves 6-8
  • 1/2 cup paprika
  • 3/8 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup onion powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 2 1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
  • 1 can (20 ounces) beer or beef stock
  • 1 quart barbecue stock
  • 1/2 cup honey
Combine paprika, sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Generously season ribs with dry rub mixture. Portion ribs into sections of 3 to 4 bones. Place in 5-quart slow cooker. Pour beer or beef stock over ribs. Cover; cook on high 2 hours. Blend barbecue sauce and honey and add to slow cooker. Cover; cook for 1 1/2 hours. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails