Sunday, March 23, 2014

Shrimp Jambalya

Anytime I come across a jambalaya recipe, I instantly think of my dad. He's a big jambalaya fan. Truthfully, I've never been a huge fan, usually because they're rather spicy. Because I can spice it to my liking, I've been trying to find one I like. This was not the one. There really wasn't any flavor to it. I'll have to keep searching. (At least the picture looks good, right?!)


Shrimp Jambalaya-adapted from Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes by Crock-Pot
Total Time: 8 hours
Serves 6
  • 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 rib celery, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 pounds cooked shrimp
Combine tomatoes, onion, pepper, celery, garlic, parsley, oregano, hot pepper sauce and thyme in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Stir in shrimp and cook for 20 more minutes on low. Serve with rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails