Thursday, March 20, 2014

White Bread

For Christmas, one of my best friends bought me a bread maker. He had heard me talk about it once or twice randomly and found a really good deal on one! I am so incredibly happy with it. I can't believe I've gone so long without making my own bread. It's so easy and delicious. I just love throwing the bread in the toaster first thing in the morning. A little butter, jam, peanut butter-you name it!

This is a really basic recipe--I have a few more coming that I've tried and will continue to post! Seriously...go find yourself a bread maker soon! Oh, and even though it doesn't look like it in this picture, I DO have a bread knife. It just didn't make it into the picture!


White Bread-adapted from Breadman's Recipe Guide
Total Time: 3 hours
Makes 2 pounds
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 6 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 4 teaspoon dry active yeast
In order, add ingredients to the bread pan. Select the fast bake and press start. About 10 minutes in, check the dough ball to ensure it is sticky and add a bit of water if needed. Allow to cook until finished baking. Turn bread out onto wire rack and allow to cool.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails