Confetti Quinoa Salad-adapted from Fresh Juice
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup feta cheese with oregano and sun dried tomatoes
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
In a large saucepan, add quinoa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk together pesto, vinegar, oil and pepper. Add the dressing and all other ingredients to the quinoa and mix thoroughly.