Pasta Fagioli Soup-adapted from Recipe.com
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 29 ounces (2 cans) chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces small pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated parmesan for serving
In a large saucepot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add kale and cook for 5 minutes. Bring down heat to medium and stir in beans, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with grated parmesan.