I actually made it the night before so that Scott could throw it in the oven after work, and that worked out great, which makes it an even better recipe. It's really quick to throw together and if you like more thousand island or sauerkraut in your reubens, add more!
Reuben Sandwich Casserole-adapted from So, How's It Taste?
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 20 ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1/3 cups thousand island dressing
- 3/4 pound corned beef, sliced and chopped
- 6 slices rye bread, chopped into one-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the sauerkraut and onion on the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with parsley and caraway seeds.
Add half the cheese and half the thousand island, and corned beef on top of the sauerkraut mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and thousand island.
Place the bread pieces on top and drizzle the melted butter over the bread pieces. Cook, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until bubbly.