Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I love how easy sugar cookies are to make. As a kid I couldn't wait for Christmas so that I could help my mom frost her absolutely delicious sugar cookies. I still think that my mom's are the best (recipe here), but these were definitely a close second! These ended up a little thicker, and were so easy to make. I'd give them a 5/5 for sure--you just can't go wrong with cookies!


Sugar Cookies-adapted from Faith & Daisies
Total Time: 20 Minutes
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar, extra to roll dough in
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Stir together the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat together the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Form into balls and roll in sugar. Bake for 6-7 minutes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails