These cookies were really good! The original recipe called for salt, but I omitted it because I had salted macadamia nuts.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour, plus 1 Tablespoon
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg plus 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Heaping Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Heaping Cup White Macadamia Nuts, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 14 -15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.