Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thighs on Rice

My mom used to make a really good chicken and rice recipe. I never got it from her, but I found this one over at allrecipes.com. This was not nearly as good. I'm not quite sure what went wrong, but I don't think I'll be making this again. The rice didn't cook right and there wasn't a whole lot of flavor. Overall, 2/5 rating for this one.

Thighs on Rice-adapted from allrecipes.com
Serves 6
Total Time 45 Minutes

  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups water
  • 6 chicken thighs
  • 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, rice, butter, onion, and water. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan. Place chicken thighs on top and season with Italian seasoning. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails