Sunday, November 20, 2011

Try Again: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

So this was my bad baking experience for my cookie extravaganza! But I feel as though it's not my fault completely...The original recipe calls for 2 TABLESPOONS of beaten egg. What recipe doesn't have a whole egg count? I just saw the 2 and assumed it was two eggs. After looking at the comments, I have determined that two tablespoons of beaten egg is about 1 egg. So I changed it in my version, so we can all know from now on. The flavor was good, but the cookie was more like a sponge cake with the extra egg. So I don't want to give this a rating as I know it was wrong--I'll update when I try again!


Oatmeal Rasin Cookies-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time 30 Minutes
Makes 14 Cookies
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup raisins
In a smal bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl combine the oats, flour baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails