Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lasagna Rolls

When we first moved into our new apartment a few weeks ago (that explains the delays in postings!),  we hadn't yet gone grocery shopping, but I really didn't want to go out to eat anymore. Buying fast food and pizzas is starting to make me feel sluggish and lazy and overall just unhealthy. I looked for what I had in the pantry and what I could buy very little ingredients for at the grocery store. I had seen the lasagna rolls on Pinterest and always wanted to try them! They were absolutely delicious!

I followed the originaly recipe, but added some fresh mushrooms as well since we are huge fans of mushrooms. The spinach flavor was slightly overpowering, but I still think the overall taste was great.

I know whenever I make lasagna, I always have half the box leftover, but I don't want to make a new pan. This is a great way to use up however many lasagna noodles you have leftover! You could add beef, chicken, or any other flavors you like in your pasta to these rolls!



Lasagna Rolls-adapted from Chef Mommy
Serves 4-5
Total Time: 1 Hour
  • 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 10 ounces chopped spinach, drained
  • 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
  • 1 egg
  • 32 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
  • 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Beef, chicken, or other filling, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and dry complete. Place dry noodles flat on a piece of wax paper and set aside.

Mix spinach, ricotta, parmesan cheese, mushrooms and egg in a medium size bowl until combined. Spoon even amounts onto each noodle. Once filled, carefully roll up noodles from end to end, and place seam side down into a lightly greased 9x12 baking dish.

Pour pasta sauce evenly over noodles and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails