Saturday, April 20, 2013

Frittata Primavera

I wish that egg dishes were something that can be prepared the night before and thrown in the oven right away. I wish I could have time to make breakfast every morning, but I just haven't had the motivation yet.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. This recipe spoke to me because I love all the flavors in it. I definitely added a lot to the original recipe-ham, onion, tomato, and next time I would definitely add some mushrooms. I can't find the recipe on Taste of Home's website, which is weird, so I can't link to the original recipe. The flavors were great, even though I had some huge asparagus spears to deal with!

Frittata Primavera-adapted from Taste of Home Cooking Schools
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves 8

  • 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 inch lengths
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 tomato, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
  • 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 ounces chopped, cooked ham
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and stir the vegetables in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until crisp tender.

Beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Pour into greased 8x8 inch baking pan, sprinkle cream cheese, mozzarella and ham and lightly mix. Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails