Greek Chicken Stew-adapted from Skinny Ms.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning (I use Penzey's)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Feta cheese and cauliflower rice, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on one side, flip, add onion, garlic, lemon juice, and orgeano and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add chicken stock, olives, capers and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven, serve with cauliflower rice or potatoes, and top with crumbled feta cheese.