Monday, December 15, 2014

Oven Baked Chicken

I have a confession. I definitely didn't get out of bed until after 11am this morning. Which is unheard of for me. I took today off as I have some extra PTO to burn, and we were at an epic wedding this weekend (congrats Schwais!). Two of our best friends tied the knot and lets just say I was a little of out it.

This is a super simple, but very hearty chicken recipe. The flavor and crunch was awesome and it didn't take me forever to put together. I bet this would be delicious with some mashed potatoes, but I just made some rice and green beans on the side. The perfect meal to make on a day where I didn't do anything.


Oven Baked Chicken-Cheap & Easy Recipes by Gooseberry Patch
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 5

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken in half, like you would butterfly them, but cut through. Place bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on a large plate and mix thoroughly. In a small bowl, combine garlic and oil.

Dip the chicken pieces in oil, then cover in bread crumbs, then place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails