Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dinner Bread

I've made this before and have an old blog post about it here. It's my dad's recipe, but what I originally posted was more of, add a bit of this to taste. I actually measured what I put in this time (and used a bit less butter!), so thought I would make a new post. My dad also calls this garlic bread, but there isn't any garlic in it, so I've renamed it.

You can use whatever wine you have on hand, but I recommend a white or a rose. If you use any sort of red, it tends to make the bread turn a purple color. I did forget to take a picture though. It's super easy and absolutely delicious.

Dinner Bread-adapted from my dad
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves 8

  • 1 loaf french bread
  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/4 cup white or rose wine


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Once butter has melted, add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Meanwhile, slice french bread into about 1-inch slices and place like a full loaf on tin foil that's on a baking sheet. The tin foil will be wrapped around the loaf in a bit.

Brush the butter mixture on both sides of each slice of french bread. Be generous! Wrap the loaf of bread in tin foil, and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails