Sunday, December 7, 2014

Salmon Rubbed with Mustard and Brown Sugar

I made this recipe in September 2013 according to my notes. I somehow lost the cookbook and couldn't remember where it came from. While doing some cleaning recently, I found it, so thought I'd post. I remember really liking this recipe!


Salmon Rubbed with Mustard and Brown Sugar-adapted from Easy Family Meals
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves 4

  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 salmon filets
  • 1 teaqspoon olive oil
Stir brown sugar, cumin, mustard powder, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Press sugar evenly into the tops of the salmon filets.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook fish, rub side down, for 4 minutes or until rub dissolves and darkens slightly. Slip fish and cook 3 minutes more or until fish is flaky.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails