Thursday, January 2, 2014

Heat's Homemade: Brown Sugar

Did you know that you can make your own brown sugar??? I had absolutely no idea, and I honestly can't believe I've gone so long without it. The brown sugar I buy from the store always sits in a container forever with a stale piece of bread. Well, let me tell you, that is no longer happening! I've now used this recipe a few times and won't ever spend money on store-bought brown sugar again--it's just too easy! And you can just make exactly the amount you need, instead of taking up additional space in your cupboards. I'm ah-mazed!



Homemade Brown Sugar-adapted from 100 Dollars a Month
Total Time: 5 minutes
Make--as much as you want :)

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon molasses for light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons molasses for dark brown sugar
Place the sugar and molasses in a a bowl and mix on low with a hand mixer. This will be sticky and lumpy for a bit, but keep on for a few minutes and it will blend together. You can make a batch ahead of time and store in an airtight container, if you wish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails