Sunday, January 12, 2014

Monkey Bread

After Scott and I spent our first Christmas together (we had been dating for about 4 or 5 years prior to actually spending a Christmas together), I learned one of his family traditions on Christmas day was making monkey bread. I'd also never heard of or had monkey bread before I met Scott. The only Christmas tradition we had was getting together, playing cards and eating on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas morning opening presents under the tree.

Since my family is from Minneapolis and Scott's is from Milwaukee, since we've moved in together we decided to spend Thanksgiving with one family and Christmas with the other. This year, we got to spend Christmas in Minneapolis. I decided to plan on making monkey bread Christmas day as I had never made it and just thought it would be fun for the two of us to make something together.

I truly loved this! It was sweet and savory and filled you up! It's also really easy to make, so I'd definitely recommend making it.


Monkey Bread-adapted from Pillsbury
Total Time 45 Minutes
Serves 12
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a gallon size plastic bag, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Cut biscuits into quarters and toss in bag with cinnamon sugar. Arrange in a greased bundt pan.

In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter. Pour over biscuits.

Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a plate to serve.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails