Monday, January 20, 2014

Salsa Fish

When I come across a recipe for any kind of whitefish--tilapia or halibut for example--lately I've been substituting swai fillets. They're usually a bit cheaper at the store, and I think they taste pretty much the same!

This recipe was an...interesting one. I'm pretty sure I put too much dijon mustard because it was very tangy. And by very, I mean overly mustard-y. And I'm not really a huge mustard fan. Mistake #1. There was then also a lot of salsa to this too. I'm not sure I'd make this again. Scott liked it okay, but I wasn't overly thrilled.

If I do make this again, I think the key is to spread on the mustard and salsa to your own taste.  Then you can make sure you don't over do it like I did. Let me know if you try it!


Salsa Fish-adapted from 365 Last-Minute Meals by Better Homes and Gardens
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 4 white fish fillets (halibut, tilapia, swai, etc.)
  • 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place fish in a shallow 2-quart baking dish and bake uncovered, about 6 minutes. Drain liquid from baking dish.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and honey until blended. Brush mustard onto fish and spoon salsa mixture on top. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until salsa mixture is heated through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails