Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mallo Cups

A family tradition from going up north to see my grandparents (on my mom's side) was always to stop at a gas station and get some Mallo Cups. I don't know why, but you just can't find them in Minneapolis gas stations! They're all over the Milwaukee area now. My mom loved these and was the one that got me hooked!

When I came across this recipe online, I knew this was what I wanted to make my mom for Christmas. Overall I thought the flavors were perfect! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I didn't let the marshmallow fluff get firm enough so they ended up being quite messy. Either way though, they were great! Just really putzy to make-they take a lot of time to cool in between steps, but for a special someone, it's worth it!


Mallo Cups-adapted from How Sweet It Is
Total Time: 1 Hour
Makes 12 Cups

  • 12 ounces milk chocolate
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 cup marshmallow fluff
  • 1/3 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners of your choosing.

Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe blow in 30 second increments, stirring frequently, until melted. Once melted, stir in the coconut oil until melted. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate into the bottom of the muffin liners and use a spoon to bring the chocolate up the sides. Sprinkle the chocolate with a teaspoon of the coconut. Put the muffin tin in the fridge or freezer about 20 minutes or until it sets.

Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of the marshmallow fluff onto of the hardened chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Put back into the fridge or freezer for another 20 minutes or until firm.

Remelt the remaining chocolate as needed. Spoon over the top of the cups and smooth. Place in the fridge or freezer another 20 minutes until set. Remove from muffin tin and keep cold until eating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails