Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snickerdoodle Bars

For the holidays my office had a baking contest. Obviously, I had to enter something. I didn't win any of the prizes, but I sure got a lot of compliments on these!

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie. We're even having cookies at our wedding instead of cake (we just aren't cake people) and snickerdoodles are a must have flavor for me. When I saw these in bar form, I just knew I had to have them! As my coworker Brett said, snickerdoodles in bar form just seems like an impossible dream:




These were so easy to throw together and to be completely honest, I always have all the ingredients on hand! When you're craving something sweet, just pop these in the oven. I also tried out my homemade brown sugar for the first time with this recipe (link in the ingredient list below).



Snickerdoodle Bars-adapted from The Pinterest Project
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Makes 24 bars

  • 2 2/3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups light brown sugar
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat together brown sugar and better for 3-5 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract and beat until well blended and smooth.

Stir in flour mixture and combine until blended. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine two tablespoons white sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over prepared pan. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails