Monday, January 13, 2014

Mushroom Hummus

I made this hummus as part of a recipe for a holiday party that I'll share with you tomorrow. I haven't had hummus in awhile, but I did have all the ingredients I needed to make it so it seemed like the best plan of action!

This was definitely the best hummus I've ever made. The flavor was absolutely fantastic. Eating this plain with some pita is pretty much the best snack! I'm just realizing now that I don't have a picture of just the hummus--I only have a picture of what was brought to the party. So you'll see it tomorrow!

Mushroom Hummus-adapted from The Mushroom Channel
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Makes 2 Cups

  • 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 14 ounces cooked or canned chickpeas
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Pita bread or pita chips, for serving
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until cooked through. Let cool slightly.

In the bowl of a food processor, pulse chickpeas, garlic, peanut butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cumin until beginning to blend. Add in olive oil and blend until well combined. Add additional seasoning as needed. Serve with pita or pita chips.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails