Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chicken Pot Pockets

Chicken pot pies are one of those things that just taste so good. All. The. Time. They're warm, and inviting and just ask for you to eat them, I swear! When I came across this recipe, I was very excited to try it. Although, I have had some bad experiences with egg roll and wonton wrappers in the past that made Scott a bit nervous.

One thing I will say about this recipe-it is not easy or a very clean-to-make recipe. It just kept spilling everywhere! However, if you're quick and not afraid to not have the prettiest looking pockets (I thought I did okay), the flavors will all be there, which to me is the most important part! I actually prepared everything on the foil-lined baking sheet, instead of trying to transfer them.



Chicken Pot Pockets-adapted from 300 Under 300 by Hungry Girl
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serves 12

  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon cold water
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups frozen bite-sized mixed veggies
  • 12 ounces chicken, cooked and chopped
  • 12 large egg roll wrappers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 teaspoon cold water until smooth. In a large bowl, combine cornstarch mixture with soup and mix thoroughly. Add veggies and chicken, mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.

On a large dry surface, lay out the egg roll wrappers. Set out a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in. Place about 1/3 cup filling onto egg roll wrappers, one at a time. Quickly seal wrappers, using your finger dipped in water as needed. Gently transfer to a foil lined baking sheet. Continue until remaining filling and wrappers are used.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails