Monday, January 27, 2014

Heat's Homemade: Tomato Sauce

There was something I was planning on making awhile back that called for a lot of tomato juice. And for some reason I cannot remember what it was. That is very strange for me as I plan my meals out week by week, and I don't think I've ever truly skipped something.

Anyway, to try to be thrifty, I decided to buy one of those large, restaurant-sized tomato juice cans, so then I decided, when I was going to make the up-coming recipes, that I should figure out how I can make my own tomato sauce (which is slightly thicker than tomato juice) with the tomato juice I had on hand. In comes Google! This is so simple, and just add a bit more flour if it isn't getting thick enough for you!


Tomato Sauce-adapted from Global Post
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Makes 1 cup

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 cup tomato juice
  • Additional seasoning, if desired
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until slightly browned and bubbly. Add in tomato juice and continue to whisk until desired thickness. Add in additional flour and seasonings as needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails