I loved this particular recipe. I thought the vinaigrette was sweet yet tangy, and adding the peperoncini's just added a little something extra. I also liked that the dressing can be added up to a day before, without worrying about sogginess. Using the tri-colored tortellini brought some extra color to the dish which is always fun too!
That's Some Good Cookin'
Total Time: 20 Minutes + time for chilling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peperoncini
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse, and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and whisk well.
Place pasta in a large serving bowl, and add in other ingredients for the pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly to coat. Refrigerate at least one hour to cool completely.
This can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. Just stir the pasta before serving.