Monday, September 19, 2011

Herbed Beef Roast

I love pot roast. I was spoiled as a kid and once or twice a month we would have a roast at my Gramma's house. She would make it in an oven bag and it was always delicious. And she made homemade gravy. Yum! I haven't learned how to make her roast, but I have started making them in the slow cooker. This was the second time I made pot roast, and I have to say I was equally impressed with the ease. I keep falling further and further in love with my slow cookers. Pretty soon, I'll end up using it every week (which wouldn't be a bad thing).

I found this recipe in a 2001 recipe booklet by Betty Crocker. It is on of those books with recipe cards you find at the checkout counter of the grocery store. This was one of the first hand-me-downs my mom gave me and it has given me a lot of awesome ideas! I couldn't find the recipe online, so I can't tag it appropriately, but know that I tried! Overall I'd give this a 3/5. It was a little bit dry, and Scott didn't enjoy the vinegar taste (if you aren't a vinegar fan, this probably isn't for you. It was almost too much for me). But once again, it was easy and very little prep work.

Herbed Beef Roast-adapted from Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Recipes Booklet
Serves 6
Total Time: 8 hours

  • 3 pound beef boneless tip roast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet about 5 minutes until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, herbs, and pepper.

Place garlic in 4-5 quart slow cooker. Place beef on garlic. Pour vinegar over beef.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails