|My lovely creations before going in the oven!|
|The final product!|
Meatballs with Couscous and Feta-adapted from RealSimple.com
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, half finely chopped, and half thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounce Feta cheese, crumbled
Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine beef, apricots, coriander, chopped red onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Form the meat into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on broil proof baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Add one cup hot water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, mix together oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Serve the meatballs with couscous, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and feta. Sprinkle with dressing.