Monday, September 26, 2011

Zucchini Salad

I told Scott I was making zucchini as part of dinner and he gave me this look. Then told me he doesn't like zucchini unless its cooked. Then I brought this out with the fish. And he was thoroughly impressed! It was such a refreshing salad! I totally would double or triple the recipe to take to a pot luck. It was different but delicious! I'd give it 4/5 overall!

Shredded Zucchini
Final Product!

Zucchini Salad adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine
Serves 4
Total Time: 10 Minutes
  • 2 zucchini
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3 cups baby arugula
Shred the zucchini in the large holes of a grater. Roll up in a kitchen towel, squeeze out an excess liquid, and return to a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, mix with arugula.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails