Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grilled Steak with Pineapple Salsa

So I know, I know, I've pretty much been neglecting this blog (and the whole 3 people that probably read this). I feel guilty. I really really do. But I have been cooking and planning on writing, just haven't gotten to it. But now I'm here and have apologized and will get on with the recipes!

This is a recipe from one of those cookbooks you get from the grocery store by Pillsbury. But I couldn't find the recipe on their website, and therefore there is no picture, and since I failed at bringing out my camera last week, I don't have a picture for this post. But either way, the dish was good! I didn't actually make the salsa. For some reason I didn't think to buy the actual, pico de gallo type salsa, and realized once I got home that jarred salsa probably wouldn't work. I still grilled the steak and pineapple. The flavors were awesome together! Overall I'd give it a 3/5. It was easy and nice to eat. I do want to try it again though to actually make the salsa!

Grilled Steak with Pineapple Salsa-adapted from Pillsbury
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 8 ounces sliced fresh pineapple
  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 boneless beef chuck flat-iron steak (1 pound)
  • 3 large green onions
  • 1/2 cup fresh salsa (pico de gallo)
Heat grill. Sprinkle pineapple slices with brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle steak with additional 1/4 teaspoon salt.

Place steak, pineapple and onions on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until steak is of desired doneness and pineapple and onions are tender.

Remove steak from grill to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile finely chop pineapple and onions; place in small bowl. Stir in salsa. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Top steak with pineapple salsa.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails